Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"A New Knife"

My new Bubba Blade

 I received a surprise in the mail. It was a knife! Not just any knife, it had this handle that looked like a hunting knife and a dive knife, the blade was razor sharp and the sides of the blade were coated with something dark. I didn't order it, so I went online to find out some information. It's a high carbon steel, Teflon coated blade.
A couple days later I called a friend in Alabama, suspecting he was the one that sent the knife and he answered the phone "Did you get something in the mail?". He thought it was something I could use! 


So far I've filleted 3 fish, a Dolphin, a Wahoo and a Blackfin Tuna. 
Here's the report: The Bubba Blade is extremely sharp (I'm not sure yet when I'll need to sharpen it). This one has a flexible blade (great for what I do most). Skinning fish seems to be easier (maybe the Teflon blade makes it slide easier).
Next report; when it's time to sharpen it.


www.oldhat.com

5 comments:

  1. I've filleted another Wahoo, a Dolphin, 2 Blackfin Tunas and the knife is still razor sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing ( http://oldhatcharters.blogspot.in/2012/03/new-knife.html) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I filleted a Dolphin and two more Wahoo. The knife is still sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! I am glad that i find it!! Keep up the good work!
    scuba gear package

    ReplyDelete