Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A New First Mate

After ten years of fishing with the same first mate I find myself trying to teach a new first mate how to be better at his job! 
Charlie fished with me for a long time. He took care of the boat, he was great with the customers, we were friends (more like father & son at times). We had a lot of fun fishing together. Now, Captain Charlie has landed a great job in the Virgin Islands. He is captaining a new 43' Cabo with twin 800 hp Manns for a 'world record holding lady' that's looking for more world record fish. Good luck Charlie and have fun!
Alex has been fishing with me for a short time and is learning how to take care of my boat and how to fish on my boat (we'll be working on that for a while). I like him and I think in time it will get to be more and more fun. He's great with the customers, they leave with a smile!



2 comments:

  1. I have charter two trips with you, Charlie will be missed we caught our first cobia on your boat. We look forward to taking another trip this year with you Capt. Lee and new mate Alex. Good luck to the Old Hat crew
    RANDY SOTO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing ( http://oldhatcharters.blogspot.in/2012/05/new-first-mate.html) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete